Even if there are millions of blogs on the internet, few writers are ready to monetize their sites. If you are among such bloggers, then the first step to make money online is to direct readers to service or products in order to earn commission when they make sales or if they take another action.
If you want to monetize the blog, then you should start with quality content in order to attract the loyal readers. Because the readers are happy with the content you give, they will trust you and they will come back for you regularly for the advice.
Choose relevant program to affiliate with
- The affiliate ad pays for each action and the readers have to click at the ad and then register or sign up for something. They can also make the purchase before you are paid for this action. When the ads are relevant to the content, the higher the chance of the visitors to click at the ad or to perform the action needed. If you want to join affiliate program, you will have to choose the ones that are related to the content. The example is when you have photography site; you can apply to be the affiliate of a dealer of camera equipments.
- Consider affiliate aggregator provider: when you deal with diverse topic on your blog, then you should look for the program that works with different affiliate programs and which monetize the links found on your site. When you use this option, it means that if you find a pair of shoes from a company, you will not go to sign up to the company affiliate program at once but you can sign up with the company in charge to append their affiliate code, and they are the one to pay you the earned commissions. However, the company in charge will also keep the percentage of the money you make.
- Make the content capable to sell: the bloggers choose to write review of the products thinking about affiliate marketing. The best thing is that the blogging can aggregate a number of loyal fans for a certain topic. This is about making the recommendation and to provide affiliate links for the recommendation. However, when doing this, it is important not to just throw the links into the content without any reason or rhyming to the entire content.
- Integrate right the affiliate links: when you want to add the affiliate links within the blog, you have to balance the user experience and monetization. You can only monetize some pages by adding the link on the footer or sidebar as far as they are visible.
- Traffic level is important: even if it is not an only factor, the traffic level is the key if it comes to making the money online. The people are willing to buy from well designed, relevant and well placed links. This means that you should not work on the links only but you have also to increase the readership.